Graphscad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphscad

Graphscad : The Graphic Nodal Editor for OpenScad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Documentation request

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisLT

Documentation request Empty
PostSubject: Documentation request   Documentation request Icon_minitimeTue 14 Feb - 20:47

Up to now, I have been able to work out a lot of how to use GraphSCAD and how to create new nodes by looking at the examples, and by knowledge of OpenSCAD. But I'm sure it would help to have some documentation. When creating new nodes I blindly copy an existing similar node, but I would like to know how the GraphSCAD model works.
For instance, I note that some existing nodes have multiple output objects, yet only the one called, simply, 'object' gets displayed, assuming it is not connected to anything else. Is this correct? Is there anything else I should know?
Can 2D object nodes have more than one output?
Can a node have output of more than one type, such as a 3D and a 2D object?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Documentation request   Documentation request Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 0:53

A unconnected output plug named 'object' or 'object2d' will be displayed.

other unconnected objects will not be displayed. this avoid some 'inobject', 'outobject' to be displayed because they are not often connected.

You can output as many object or object2d in a node. And some other type of output plug... str etc...

There are now many nodes you can derivate from, but if you are coding some nodes and have problems, don't hesitate to PM me, i'll help U.

Back to top Go down
https://graphscad.forumotion.com
ChrisLT

PostSubject: Re: Documentation request   Documentation request Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb - 1:06

Thanks, I don't doubt that you will be most helpful. I'm very impressed at what you are producing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Documentation request   Documentation request Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb - 1:56

will try to include more comments in node code
Back to top Go down
https://graphscad.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Documentation request   Documentation request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Documentation request
Page 1 of 1