Graphscad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphscad

Graphscad : The Graphic Nodal Editor for OpenScad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on v1.0.8

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisLT

Thoughts on v1.0.8 Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on v1.0.8   Thoughts on v1.0.8 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Mar - 1:30

Initial thoughts:

callmodule does now pick up the parameters. This is good. Thank you. Could it be made to show a file selector dialog, rather than you having to type the filename?

colour picker is delightful. It's features like this that can save huge amounts of time and make a program so much better, even if they don't seem to add much functionality.

May I recommend my node_val_to_text to you. Of all my extensions this is, I believe, the most useful.

Thank you for keeping up the good work.
Chris Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Thoughts on v1.0.8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on v1.0.8   Thoughts on v1.0.8 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Mar - 16:12

yes thxs. will put this in next version.

- Missing a file selector
- node_val_to_text

- i liked your special multi 'for' node too. will include it as 'node_for_multi'

Another feature i would like to add (but heavy work) is a 2D draw node. by double clicking on it, it would allow to open a 2D editor window to draw a 2D shape....

Back to top Go down
https://graphscad.forumotion.com
ChrisLT

Thoughts on v1.0.8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on v1.0.8   Thoughts on v1.0.8 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Mar - 18:35

Great, thanks.
I find the multi parameter and multi variable nodes much neater than linking several separate nodes.
By the way, I think my debug_tool node is very useful, too. Have you tried it?

I've been thinking of Bezier curve support. But maybe it would be better to allow compatibility with, say, Inkscape. I think it should be possible to write an Inkscape extension to get it to export a 2D shape as a scad file containing a 2D polygon. I have written Inkscape extensions (to export Gcode, as it happens). They use python.
If I can find time, I could look into creating an Inkscape-to-scad exporter, si vous voudriez.
Chris

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Thoughts on v1.0.8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on v1.0.8   Thoughts on v1.0.8 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Mar - 14:51

I don't know about inkscape. Will take a look. Thx
Back to top Go down
https://graphscad.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Thoughts on v1.0.8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on v1.0.8   Thoughts on v1.0.8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on v1.0.8
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Graphscad :: General discussion-
Jump to: